My ex is not paying me any support. Can I withhold parenting time?

Florida law is absolutely clear that if a spouse is not paying child support, you may not and I repeat, may not deny that spouse contact with your child. They’ve made it clear that payment or non-payment of child support is completely different from contact with a child. The child’s best interest in those circumstances come first which is maintaining relationship with both parents.

Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss the options for marital dissolution, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. online or call 561-478-0312.