How do I protect my assets from my wife?

You can best protect your assets from your spouse by engaging in a prenuptial agreement before you are married or a postnuptial agreement after you are married in which you specifically resign those assets to yourself. Barring that, your next best step to protect your assets from your spouse is to meet with a lawyer prior to your divorce to prioritize those assets that you wish to keep and to devise a strategy how you may best protect those assets during the course of a divorce.

Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss the options for marital dissolution, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. online or call 561-478-0312.