Can my ex-spouse make me pay for our child’s college education?

The only way your ex-spouse can make you pay for your child’s education is if both of you contracted in the marital settlement agreement or parenting plan for you to do so. If there is no contract, then there is no legal obligation for you to contribute to your child’s college education and your spouse cannot force you to do so subsequent to your divorce.

Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss the options for marital dissolution, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. online or call 561-478-0312.