Can my ex-spouse make me pay for a private school for our child in FL?

That depends upon the circumstances of the case. The court will first look to determine whether there has been a history of private education during the course of the marriage concerning your children. Secondly, the court will look at were the parties able to afford private education in the past, or can they afford it now. The third issue the court will look at is is it in the child’s best over all interest to have private education.

Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss the options for marital dissolution, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. online or call 561-478-0312.