Can my child’s father be ordered to pay for my child’s college education in Florida?

The short answer to that question is, “No.” However, the parents can contract in their marital settlement agreement for one parent or both parents to contribute financially to their child or children’s college or university education. If you do so, then the court will strictly enforce that obligation.

Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss the options for marital dissolution, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. online or call 561-478-0312.