What should I do if I am the alienated parent?

Two things you need to do. One in self help is attempt to obtain as much contact, visitation, time sharing as you can with your child. The reason for doing so is then that your child actually gets to see the real you versus the you that’s being presented to the child by the alienating parent. Reality will help cancel or nullify the negative image that’s being portrayed.

The second thing is you need to consult with an attorney who deals with alienation on a regular basis because if contact is being blocked between you and your child you need to get into court immediately and get an order to have that contact reinstated because contact is your best way to try to undermine or minimize the impact of parental alienation.

Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss the options for marital dissolution, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. online or call 561-478-0312.