Do I have a right to take care of my grandchildren?

As a grandparent, your rights to take good care of your grandchildren will be dependent upon when your child, the parent, has time-sharing with the children. In other words, if the former husband has time-sharing or visitation with the children, then the grandparents can step in and care for the child, unless the other spouse has a right of first refusal for child care. Barring that, then, the grandparents can continue to have contact with the children whenever their biological child, the parent, has the child.