What papers do I need when I start a divorce case in Florida?

When you commence a divorce case in Florida you need to file a petition. You need to file a declaration that neither one of you have been in the military. If you have children, you need to file an affidavit to indicate where the children have been during the past five years and if there’s been any other litigation concerning them. You also have to file a notification to the court whether there’s been any other litigation involving this family previously filed with the court. Sometimes you also file the initial financial affidavit.

At the very least, you need to be filing the petition, the affidavit concerning the children, and the notification that there’s no other pleadings pending.