Can I go back to my maiden name after my divorce in Florida?

The answer is yes. You have an absolute right to request your maiden name be restored to you and under the overwhelming majority of circumstances that request will be granted. Your spouse does not have the right to object.

However, the court will have to be assured that you’re asking for the change back to your maiden name for appropriate purposes, not to allude creditors, not to defraud any banks, and not to escape the responsibilities or the negative fallout of having been convicted of a felony.