When will the court order supervised parenting time in Florida?

You must establish with the court that there is some kind of risk factor for you children being with the other parent. That can occur if you can establish there is a substance abuse going on, domestic violence occurring to the children or occurring in the children’s presence. It can also be drinking alcohol and driving. It can be anything that creates risk for the children.

You have to create the nexus or connection between the action and risk to the child. Once you have that nexus or connection then you can bring an emergency hearing to the court asking for visitation to be suspended or supervised.

Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss the options for marital dissolution, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. online or call 561-478-0312.