What should I do if I want to limit my child’s visitation with grandparents?

Just say, “No.” Grandparents have no visitation or time-sharing rights in the state of Florida unless the parents agree, so if you say, “No,” it doesn’t happen. Now, if you’re divorced, you can say, “No,” to your own parents. However, you have to go to court to establish that the child is going to be suffering some kind of harm by having contact with your former spouse’s parents.

Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss the options for marital dissolution, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. online or call 561-478-0312.