What if I do not like the present custody order? Can I file for custody in another state?

Generally speaking, no. If you’ve got a custody order, then you have to move to modify the existing order. If the children are still residing in the state in which the custody order originally was provided by the court, then that’s the state where you need to file the modification or clarification action.

Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss the options for marital dissolution, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. online or call 561-478-0312.