What are the requirements to move to another state with my children?

If there has been a family law case filed, or there has been a prior divorce, then you must either obtain the permission of your other spouse, have that filed with the court and then approved by the judge, or alternatively, you have to bring a relocation action in which you litigate is it in the best interest of your child to move with you to another location. Under Florida law, the relocation statute comes into play if you move more than 50 miles from your current location for more than 60 days. Under those circumstances, you would have to proceed as I’ve described.

Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss the options for marital dissolution, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. online or call 561-478-0312.