My child is about to turn 18, but is still in high school and living at home. Can I still get child support?

The short answer is yes. If your child is eighteen and has not yet graduated from high school, child support will continue until the child either turns nineteen or graduates from high school, whichever comes first. Generally speaking, we have that language included in your parenting plan or marital settlement agreement, so you should go back and check those documents to see if it’s located there. If not, then you need to immediately bring a supplemental petition for modification to have that increased term of payment included.