I live in one state and my ex-spouse lives in another state with the children. Parenting time is at his whim. Where do I go to work out a schedule?

It depends where the original divorce occurred. If the divorce occurred in the state in which your former spouse is residing with the children, then you should file a modification action there, requesting that the court impose a visitation or time-sharing plan on your behalf.

If the divorce occurred where you are currently residing, then you should file that modification action there. If the divorce occurred in a third state, then you probably would be filing, once again, where your former spouse and your children reside.

Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss the options for marital dissolution, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. online or call 561-478-0312.