I am an uncle who has been in care of my five year old nephew and now my parents are trying to take him. What are my rights?

In order to continue care of your 5 year-old nephew, you must either one, go to both parents and obtain their permission for you to do so or two, commence an action in court whereby you assert that the parents are have abandoned, neglected or abused the child to a high level, so that you can obtain temporary custody.